[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Messages posted by: JannGrew (IV011846401)
Forum Index » Profile for JannGrew (IV011846401) » Messages posted by JannGrew (IV011846401)
I’m just here to vent.

I got into trucking because my life needs a break. I need a place to work and not feel like I’m not going to have a job tomorrow or next week. Somewhere where eventually I’ll end up working for myself. I’ve always dreamed of getting my CDLs, but I kept pushing it off. I used to work in warehouse management. I worked myself up to being in management, and it was stressful for the companies I was working for.

My last pay was $75,500 per year at one job, and I also had a remote inventory management position which paid $63,000 per year. I was good at what I did, but being a single mom, I couldn’t manage with just one salary, so I always kept two jobs.

I’m giving this background information because I’m really struggling with whether joining trucking was the right choice. My remote job laid me off; the company was a start-up. I worked with them for 2 years and the job was surprisingly easy. Being in management taught me a business mindset. I’ve run plenty of warehouses, and my biggest one was 1.8 million square feet. I got myself here from being a homeless girl, living in a shelter and walking 5 hours daily to my job while pregnant. I starved every day of my pregnancy. I was so hungry that I vomited every single day. I told myself I would never let myself get so low that I don’t have anywhere to turn, so I never got pregnant again.

I was over the warehouse and the way they treated me, so when this last company laid me off, I said I’m tired of dependency. I need to belong, or I might go insane if I ever feel like I can’t provide. So, in July, I paid $6,000 to get my CDLs. I have been living off my savings and managing well. I finally scored a local driving job for this company. I asked all the necessary questions, and they seemed like good people. They were honest with me, letting me know that I would not just be a driver, but I would also have to help with on-site jobs from time to time. I did inquire what that would consist of, and they stated that I would have to handle hoses, operate the truck, and sometimes wear clean suits and respirators. I was okay with this. They stated that their shifts are normally 8 hours, and overtime is optional. Since they were paying $25, I was okay with that. But I knew I would have to find a second job to get myself back to where I need to be financially. I have an 11-year-old kid. I moved us 4 hours away from my family and friends to initially come here to run the warehouse that was 1.8 million square feet. So, I don't have any friends here, and I'm mostly at home.

I have been working at this company for 3 weeks now, and everything was fine. One guy said he gives me 1 week and I’ll quit. He’s a supervisor. I asked why, and he stated that this job isn’t liked by women. In my mind, I wanted to tell him that I’m not just any woman, but I’ve heard this line before, so I brushed off what he was saying. I’ve been working in a male-dominated industry for the past 10 years, so I’m sure I can handle it. He repeated this to me whenever he got a chance, as well as a couple more guys, stating their doubts because of my gender. One guy spoke on this subject. He’s also a supervisor, but he's my trainer. I responded by telling him that if this job was so hard, the majority of the men telling me this is a hard job would be in shape. He laughed, and I didn't hear any more about that subject, so I think he told them what I said. They’ve been working here for over 30 years, and my trainer is 60+ years old. Not saying that age makes him weak, but how hard could this be, right? They threw me into dirty jobs first with him. He took me to the dump yard and wanted me to stand outside the truck while he dumped stuff. I didn’t have a uniform or anything to cover myself, no personal protective equipment (PPE). So, I knew this was hazing, and I’m not stupid. I went home and showered like never before, then ran to Walmart and purchased everything they had. To this day, I still don’t have a company uniform.

This week, I worked on a site where we were pumping gas out of pipelines. I wasn’t doing much but watching the supervisor, a Mexican man who told me I would only last a week on this job. He hasn’t been the friendliest, so I just don’t speak to anyone and mind my own business. I help where they tell me to, which is hooking up the hoses, running the truck, and opening the pipelines. I can’t understand why people care about the little people so much, but today wasn't too different from this week. However, I had a feeling that we wouldn't be able to stay for much longer, so I started asking the guys individually what time they thought we would be leaving. They stated that they didn't know, that it was up to the supervisor if he wanted to stay and milk this job. I've noticed a lot of them do that, but that's not my problem.

Earlier in the day, my kid had left his house key and backpack in my car. I emailed his teacher to let her know, and she assured me that he would be fine and that she would make sure he was taken care of. Around 1:30, she called me while I stepped away to take the call. I let my trainer know that I would be right back. She informed me that my kid had lost his phone. So, our scheduled shift was supposed to end at 3 pm, and I was worried because my kid couldn't get into the house. I hadn't seen him on the cameras, and the alarm was still set. I started to panic. I was waiting for the supervisor to come back, and it was almost 4 pm when I asked him what time we were leaving. He rudely said that he didn't know and showed no concern for my situation. I explained that I had an emergency with my kid and needed to leave. We were already past our normal time to get off, yet he completely went off on me, saying that I couldn't leave early. I told him that I needed to go home and check on my kid, but he waved me off with his hands, dismissing me. So, I just left.

My car wasn't at the site, so I had to walk down a road with swamp-like waters on both sides. I walked in the middle of the street. My trainer called me, and I asked him to ask someone to open the gate to the site since the gate wouldn't open without a car. He told me to call the manager back at the plant and that he would come get me. I said that I was already walking, so I called for an Uber, but I still needed the gate opened. He called the company, but not a single person came out to give me a ride. There were two company pickup trucks and a personal vehicle, and three of them saw me. They didn't care. So, I proceeded to get in the Uber, which took about 15 minutes, and the ride back to the yard was another 15 minutes. During that time, I felt like I was having a panic attack. This can't be happening. I told myself, cried, and hoped for the best. When I arrived home, my kid was outside playing. He had never done that before. He always came home, or I was able to track him. The job ended up calling me, and my trainer said I could have taken one of the company trucks. I told him that no one offered, and I didn't have time to wait, especially after being yelled at and dismissed like a dog. The man had no decency to come closer or even try to care about what I had to say. So, I know what I'm up against with this company.

I just don't know what to do. I'm sad, and I'm crying at 6 am. I feel like what do I need to do with my life for me to make it? I just want to be happy. I feel like maybe I should stop working at places that are male-driven and try for something else. I have enough money to buy my own truck without a lease, but I don't have the experience. I know I'm tough, but disrespectful people mess with me mentally. I feel like this is going to be another failed situation. I moved away from my family, but I feel like it's time to move back. His dad will be able to watch my kid while I go on the road or something. My lease will be up here in the next month, and I think the treatment I've received is someone telling me to run. I'm supposed to work on Saturday and Sunday overtime, as well as any other time I've stayed late when asked. But this guy doesn't even ask, and it seems like everyone is on his schedule, and he doesn't even have a CDL. He's just a weird person.
I had a hard time quitting, too. It wasn't easy, and sometimes, I thought about going back to cigarettes. But what helped me was using vapes from https://nexussmoke.com/collections/death-row-vapes. They've got lots of flavours, which made sticking to vaping easier for me. At first, I used them a lot, but now I'm down to using one a week.

You should see a doctor if you're worried about your health like your face burning. It could be an allergic reaction or something else. It's essential to get it checked to be sure.
Hey guys. 3 weeks ago I quit smoking and completely switched to disposable vape pens. Havent had a cigarette since! I use Geekbars and always check that they are the authentic (and therefore regulated) product. But the health anxiety is kicking in. After vaping today my face started to burn quite intensely and I am suddenly afraid that this is an allergic reaction and that if I continue vaping instead of smoking I will at some point go into anaphylactic shock and potentially die. My mind has fixated on this outcome and now I just want to give up and smoke cigs again because they never made my face sting or anything like that. So I was hoping someone who knows a little more about this stuff could help me think this through more clearly? Is this a rational fear?
It seems like the heavy advertising you're seeing, especially on mobile devices where ad blockers aren't active, is a common monetization strategy for many forums. These ads are often placed strategically within posts to maximize visibility, which can be pretty intrusive, I agree. The revenue generated from these advertisements typically goes towards maintaining and running the website. This includes server costs, site development, and sometimes even paying the staff or contributors. It's a trade-off many free forums make to keep the site operational without charging users for access
What are some films you watched more than once because they were so good
Should say “for” not “doe”. Sorry. Has anyone had experience with this? My son wants to use camera/video at the end of his long heavily wooded property’s driveway 1/4 mile so if he’s gone he’ll know whats happening. Kind of like a cellular RING doorbell on steroids. Is there a FAST cellular way to accomplish this so the data comes across quickly instead of waiting on video til it’s too late? WiFi won’t reach that far. Also open to other solutions if anyone has input. The radio shack radio chime works but goes off too often with deer crossing the drive during the night and of course no images. Thanks!
Let me just start by saying I’m not usually this crazy. I just bought a new JL about 9 months ago. (frekin love it!)

This morning I was cleaning the interior when I picked up a penny out the cup holder and dropped it through the crevice of the driver side. Didn’t really notice where it fell (under the seat OR under the console).

I checked all over under the seat. I’m about 75% sure it fell under the console. I tried looking and putting a flashlight where I could, but didn’t identify it.

Id like to avoid ripping out the console for a frekin penny (unless folks think that’s my best bet)

please help. I bet if I was driving this JL for 10 years and a whole bag of coins fell through I’d probably not care too much… but maybe because it’s new, im having some anxiety over it.

could this measley penny cause damage that I should be concerned About?

Thank you so much for the help and I know I sound just a tad bit crazy…
I am wondering if it is possible to add some standard HTML headers with META information to the header.txt file to make the guest book search engine friendly? Thank you.

Also, in the settings.php file is there a way to make "Your e-mail:" a required field?
Hi! Just wanted to ask quickly, how can I get some test Ether from Rinkeby: Authenticated Faucet 679 when I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account? I don't have any kind of social media account, because I'm not allowed on social media.

I found an article on Stack Exchange (Are there any rinkeby testnet faucets that don't require social network accounts? 371) that had a reply that said someone could get 0.001 Ether from this link: http://rinkeby-faucet.com/ 989. But I don't trust it, 1) because it's HTTP instead of HTTPS, and 2) for whatever reason, I can't go to the site now (my computer has software that blocks certain sites, hence why I don't have social media). So, does anyone know of a
i'm asking this because I tried to put together one few years back.

but no matter what i do(new HS+fan, repasting, copper shim), it would overheat in less than 1 minute and frame rate would drop to single digits - so no games were playable.

for example, NFS Most Wanted plays fine on T43 for hours, while it was unplayable at any screen resolution on T60 I had at that time.

i gave up and moved on to something else.

but now i wonder if the fault was on one particular laptop i had at that time, or T60s in general made a terrible gaming laptop to everyone who tried.

comments appreciated. thanks!
There is a problem with scrolling on a Windows 10 touch screen tablet in HxD 2:

Swiping up and down on the hex editor area does not scroll, instead it selects text rather than scrolling.

With HxD 1.7.7 on a Windows 10 touch screen tablet, swiping on the Hex editor area will correctly scroll as expected.

So this is a new problem with HxD 2.0rc
I don't do a ton of these, as you can tell....:blink:

I have one mat at 1 1/2" from the bottom, and one mat 6" off the bottom.

I can use 1 1/2" dobies, and 6" plastic chairs, off set a little.

But is there an easier way, like a chair that holds both, or clips to the first mat and holds the second one up?
"Hey there,
I get why you're worried. Hearing about the US expert who passed away despite being fully vaccinated is concerning. But from what I've experienced, vaccines still offer much protection against severe illness. It's crucial to keep following safety measures and listening to health experts. My grandma, who didn't want to get vaccinated, passed away about a month ago. I had to help with the funeral and pick one of the morning rose granite headstones. I was very sad. I wish we had vaccinated her; then, she would still be alive. "
Do you use crypto wallets? I've recently decided to find a decent one, so I was wondering if anybody could recommend something. Thanks in advance!
Santa please make this Christmas wish come true.

Forum Index » Profile for JannGrew (IV011846401) » Messages posted by JannGrew (IV011846401)
Go to: