[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Windows (7 and 10) not recognizing P4 when plugged in
Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
nelsons04 (IV011471801)

I have tried this with 3 P4 drones and 5 different computers all running DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. 4 were running Windows 10 and one was pulled from mothballs running 7. I have tried both the current version of assistant and the previous. The issue isn't with version number of either the OS or the software. It seems that none of my computers even recognize that the drones are plugged into the USB port (yes I have tried 7 or 8 different cables). Windows device manager does not register a new device plugged in. All three drones have freshly formatted sd cards installed. I am able to connect them to the controller and tablet and fly with no issues beyond getting an alert to calibrate on one drone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers and even tried this on a computer that has never has never been used for anything with a fresh Windows install. I do not have a Mac available to use.

I welcome any and all assistance.
KawanLeo (IV012304401)

If updating your drone was your primary objective, it would have been helpful to mention it earlier. In that case, you would have been advised to perform the update through the iPad/Android app, which could have saved you and others a lot of time.

While the windows key is specific to Windows operating systems and may not directly apply to your situation, it's worth exploring alternative methods or troubleshooting steps for connecting your drone to a Windows machine.

Have you considered reaching out to the manufacturer's support or community forums for assistance? They may have specific instructions or workarounds for connecting your drone to a Windows device.
Oleksii (IV08604701)

[Avatar]

What are the alternative methods of connection if a USB cable is not available? How can one establish device connectivity without using a USB cable, and are there universal solutions for this situation?
Deniel (IV08605201)

[Avatar]

USB over Ethernet lets you connect to USB devices over a network, providing remote access. This is fantastic for scenarios where physical proximity to the device isn't feasible. With USB over Ethernet, you're not tethered to the limitations of USB cable lengths. It's like giving your USB devices newfound freedom, especially in larger setups or unconventional configurations. Instead of investing in additional USB hubs or lengthy cables, USB over Ethernet can be a cost-effective solution to extend the reach of USB peripherals.

Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
Go to: