[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Weight Loss...
Forum Index » Insurance
HenryThomas88 (IV07959301)

So, I've started on a diet. Yeah, yeah, I know. Everyone's telling me I'm nuts for doing it around the holidays, but I gotta' do it. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and I don;t like it. I don't like how I feel, and I definitely don't like how I look. Heck, I've got about 125 Harley shirts I'd like to wear again one day.

I'm a photographer, and the pandemic put me into what became a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I wasn't working much, and I don't believe that riding a Harley is technically considered "exercise".

So, my doctor started me on peptide therapy. I've read that they don't work for everyone, but they're certainly working for me. I'm also doing my best to stick to a 2,200 calorie day, and I've started (slowly) walking around the neighborhood for exercise.

With counting calories, I'm using a website called My Fitness Pal. It allows you to log in your food, amounts, etc. It tells you what you're ingesting as far as calories, carbs, fat, proteins, sodium and sugar.

At the bottom of the daily log is a pie chart. It shows you where you're getting your calories from, displaying protein, carbs and fat. Invariably, the majority of my calories are coming from carbs, and then fat. Protein comes in last.

All this to get to a relatively simple question: Is it best to try to balance the percentage of all calories, or is it better to have more coming from, say, protein and less from carbs?

Hope that makes sense...
maysaaenables2 (IV09190501)

I didn't go right into it like you're doing - just cut out all the bad things I knew I was eating like sweet drinks and blocks of chocolate after dinner, ate better, exercised more - lost 44 pounds in about 8 months.

Just like your Harley shirts, I have clothes that haven't fit me for years that I'm rediscovering I had tucked away!
polsimarkhauys (IV07777401)

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I couldn't stop myself from commenting on it. I completely agree that a healthy diet is key to losing weight, and it's often overlooked in favor of focusing solely on exercise. However, I also believe that exercise plays an important role in weight loss, as it helps to increase muscle mass and boost metabolism. In my experience, combining regular exercise and a healthy, balanced diet has been the most effective way to achieve my weight loss goals.On weight loss, I recently came across some helpful information about medical weight loss programs and free consultations. If anyone is interested, I found some great resources at https://medicalweightlosslehighvalley.com/. Just thought I'd share in case it's helpful to anyone else on their weight loss journey.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/04/2023 20:26:41

Forum Index » Insurance
Go to: