[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
dating advice for over 50s
Forum Index » Financial Analyst (CFMP, CFA)
Korio (IV07586701)

Dating can be a minefield. Especially online. But it can also be really exciting, and an amazing opportunity to meet people. Charly Lester is a dating expert – we asked her for some advice about dating in later life.

Why did you feel there was a need for a dating app for over 50s?
I've worked as a dating expert for over 6 years now. The most common question I was asked by people in their 30s and 40s was how can they help their divorced or widowed parents date again, and which app or site they could use.

The more I researched the market, the more I realised lots of over 50s were using apps designed for millennials, and even lying about their age to get on them. I also noticed that many of the products 'designed for over 50s' seemed to treat people like they stop using smart phones and apps as soon as they turn 50.

How does dating change in later life?
I think one of the biggest challenges for over 50s is that often they haven't been single for many decades, and may not have even dated before. There can be an element of education because modern dating can feel a bit complicated.

That said, most people I meet grow more comfortable in their own skin the older they get. They know what they want, and what they don't want – which can be great for dating.
Korio (IV07586701)

Good advice is important. But sometimes it's better to have your own little experience than a million other people's advice. If you are in doubt about choosing a site, I can recommend oldcooldates. This is a classic portal for serious online dating and flirting. I have an account here, although I have already found a regular girlfriend. You never know what can change.
anabela (IV07347501)

Now I have found a lot of dating sites. How do I choose a reliable one?
dafik84695 (IV07349701)

Dating sites are very cool and fun and you can have a good time chatting and getting to know different people if you have fun chatting with guys on the Internet. In addition, I know that on this site https://www.tendermeets.com/married-dating.html there are a lot of chat rooms where you will find people with the same goals as yours.
vanesssa (IV07753301)

Good evening guys. I need your advice right now as I don't understand what online dating resource to choose right now so can you please help me?
DylanBrown (IV07293901)

If you don't know what to do on a date then I recommend you to check this article on https://www.westislandblog.com/things-to-do-together-top-8-ways-to-have-a-great-time-with-a-new-acquaintance/ to get more information about some of them so I hope that it will be useful for you too. I wish you good luck.
kerryoworlo (IV08531001)

Korio (IV07586701) wrote:Dating can be a minefield. Especially online. But it can also be really exciting, and an amazing opportunity to meet people. Charly Lester is a dating expert – we asked her for some advice about dating in later life.

Why did you feel there was a need for a dating app for over 50s?
I've worked as a dating expert for over 6 years now. The most common question I was asked by people in their 30s and 40s was how can they help their divorced or widowed parents date again, and which app or site they could use.

The more I researched the market, the more I realised lots of over 50s were using apps designed for millennials, and even lying about their age to get on them. I also noticed that many of the products 'designed for over 50s' seemed to treat people like they stop using smart phones and apps as soon as they turn 50.

How does dating change in later life?
I think one of the biggest challenges for over 50s is that often they haven't been single for many decades, and may not have even dated before. There can be an element of education because modern dating can feel a bit complicated.

That said, most people I meet grow more comfortable in their own skin the older they get. They know what they want, and what they don't want – which can be great for dating.

I've met a lot of dating apps. These apps help different people find partners. But unfortunately there are a lot of lies and deception on the Internet. It can break your heart.
Roger Gallagher (IV07381801)

Navigating the dating landscape, especially online, requires a blend of caution and excitement. In later life, seeking advice from experts like Charly Lester is invaluable. Modern online dating presents a myriad of opportunities, particularly for busy or shy individuals. Personally, I've found platforms like sofiadates to be a great starting point. The user-friendly interface and diverse profiles make connecting with like-minded people effortless. As we embrace the digital era, leveraging dating sites can be a game-changer, fostering genuine connections and turning the potentially daunting experience into a fulfilling journey.

Forum Index » Financial Analyst (CFMP, CFA)
Go to: