[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Do Vectors Work Well For Conventional Animation? This Is My Effort Using Toon Boom Studio.
Forum Index » Combination Strategies
hazelaudrin (IV07413301)

Hello everyone

I'm experimenting with a few different software programs as I try to start my first serious animation. As far as I can tell, vector graphics cannot be used to create traditional types of sketches like those of Disney or anime. It simply seems too angular. digital?

For instance, I wanted the shadows in this drawing to blend a little better and give the eyes a little more anime-style detail and glow.

Additionally, the eraser and brush tools are typically terrible with this kind of vector-based software, so drawing doesn't feel particularly fluid.

It really irritates me when I try to create shadows with video production services company; I'm not even sure if shadows are even possible there. I also gave TVPaint a try, but I didn't care for it. Does anyone create their line art in vectors and paint it somewhere else?

According to what I can tell, the majority of 2D software is designed for cutout animation, but I need one for animation that is more traditional in nature and will be digitally hand-drawn using a tablet.

It's just nerve-wracking, so I really need to figure this out quickly so I can start focusing on the art instead of the technology.

Thanks

Forum Index » Combination Strategies
Go to: