[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
How Long Does It Take To Charge a Chevrolet Bolt EV?
Forum Index » Futures & Options
tocito (IV08562501)

The Chevrolet Bolt EV has a lot of great features, the best of which may be its relatively low purchase price. However, one of its biggest shortcomings is its DC fast charging capabilities.

The vehicle has a maximum DC fast charge rate of only 55 kW, which is lower than every other EV sold in North America today except for the MINI Cooper SE and Mazda MX-30. However, those EVs have much smaller battery packs (32.6 kWh and 35.5 kWh respectively), than the Bolt EV's 66 kWh pack, so the lower charging rate doesn't affect them as much.

We got hold of a 2017 Bolt EV that recently had its battery replaced due to the recall, so we had a fresh pack to record a full 0% to 100% charging session on an Electrify America 150 kW DC fast charge station.

As always, we recorded the entire charging session in time-lapse, and then plotted out the entire charging curve as well as the time to charge chart where we explain how long it takes to add back miles based on our own Bolt EV 70 mph range test, as well as the EPA range rating.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/11/2022 06:17:35

amaretosdefractor (IV08562301)

This model is becoming one of the most sought-after options among many motorists. Its battery has a capacity of 40 kilowatts/hour. If a 7 kW portable charging station is used, the time for a full charge at home will be about 6 hours. But I think there are applications worth using. I'm talking about a calculator that can calculate the charge time. This https://evadept.com/calc/chevy-bolt-charging-cost-calculator is a very convenient application, I advise you to try it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/2022 23:58:18

tocito (IV08562501)

Luckily, you have multiple charging options, so you can charge a Bolt completely in as little about 9.5 hours. You can even get as much as 90 miles of range in just 30 minutes!

Forum Index » Futures & Options
Go to: