[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Why does my psychiatrist ask this question?
Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
GustavDoorca (IV08977301)

Anyone else's psychiatrist ask them "do the voices come from one side?" or "which side to the voices come from?" Mine always asks this and I'm curious why, but afraid to ask. Like, I don't know they sound like they're coming from all kinds of places... Next to me, in front of me, or usually directly behind me.

It's one among the string of questions she asks me about the voices during our appointments, but I get worried that it's a question meant to "trip me up" and catch me faking

I know this is an unsubstantiated fear, I just can't help but be afraid this is what she's doing. It especially bothers me today since this morning I saw a post basically saying that they ask all these questions to weed out fakers.

nelsons04 (IV011471801)

It's completely natural to have questions about the questions your psychiatrist asks during your appointments. The inquiry about where the voices come from is part of understanding your experiences better, and it's not meant to trip you up or catch you faking anything.
Psychiatrists often ask these questions to gain insight into the nature of your auditory experiences, which can vary for different individuals. It's a way for them to assess and provide the most appropriate support and treatment.
Also, if you're interested in overcoming any fears related to psychiatrists, you might find https://www.mentalhealth.com/therapy/how-to-overcome-a-fear-of-psychiatrists helpful. Remember, your well-being is their priority.

Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
Go to: