[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Ruben Tejada still hasnt forgiven Chase Utley for dirty slid
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada suffered a broken leg after Dodgers second baseman Chase Utley took him out with . Some called the play dirty, Ryan Yarbrough Jersey but Utley said it was simply Consider Tejada part of the former group.
Tejada spoke to the at the Mets' spring training facility in Port St. Lucie, Fla., on Sunday, and explained why Utley of all players should have shown more awarene s sliding into second base.
MORE:
"I would never do that to Wade Boggs Jersey another infielder. That is the position I play and I would never want to hurt another player that plays that position like that," Tejada said. "It would have been different if some other position player, a corner infielder or an outfielder, had done that to me, Austin Meadows Jersey but he is amiddle infielder, he should know better."
When the Mets and Dodgers meet for the first time in 2016, Tejadasays he "would like to hear an apology."
Utley was suspended two games for the slide, but he appealed the decision and remained eligible for Jake Smolinski Jersey the rest of the NLDS. His hearing has yet to be scheduled.
MLB commi sionerRob Manfred said in October he hoped to on aggre sive slides like the one that injured Tejada.
"It is another example of the i sue of player safety, which is really high on our radar screen," Manfred said."Weve got a lot of money invested in ballplayers.The players themselves have tremendous playing opportunities in terms of what they can earn. And I think its important that we protect them."
While Tejadacertainly isn't Colin Poche Jersey over the hit that ended his season, he is happy to be fully healthy and back on the diamond.
"When I got hurt I didnt know what to think.I could not Austin Pruitt Jersey feel my leg," he said. "Now it is so great to be back on the field moving around. I just want to play."

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: