[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Max Muncy injury update Dodgers slugger HBP wrist out until
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

Dodgers All-Star infielder and offensive linchpin Max Muncy will undergo yet more testing Friday as the team a se ses the severity of his injured right wrist.
Muncy left Wednesday's game against the Padres after taking a 94 mph Matt Strahm fastball in the right wrist.
The initial diagnosis wasa right wrist contusion, the Dodgers announced, and X-rays on Thursday were negative, Muncy told reporters (). Still,he faces more tests on Friday.
We had an X-ray (on Thursday), Muncy said at Chase Field in Phoenix, the wrist heavily wrapped in black tape. That came back Jed Lowrie Jersey good as far as I know. From everything I saw, it looked good. So well get some more testing (Friday) and well go from there.
The continued testing for a definitive diagnosis is unsettling, the infielder admitted.
I Matt Harvey Jersey m not trying to get my hope up that Oh, the pictures came out negative, its all good, Muncy said. Then we get on that and it turns out somethings wrong. So just trying to stay neutral with it right now. But well see how it goes.
No matter how it goes, the Dodgers said Thursday thatMuncy won't be in the lineup until next week at the earliest.
So manager Dave Roberts is facing some uncertainty, as the team runs away with the NL West and he tries to get the Dodgers ready for their obvious goal: a World Mike Piazza Jersey Series victory after back-to-back lo ses in 2017 and 2018.
In these early days after the injury, though, Roberts is thinking of Muncy.
Number one, you just feel bad, Roberts said. Hes having a really good year.
That might be an understatement, unle s you're comparing Muncy to MVP candidate and teammate Cody Bellinger.
A power hitter with plate discipline, Muncyis second on the team (to gue s who) with 33 home runs and 87 RBIs while slashing.253/.375/.525. He plays mostly at first and second base but is versatile enough to play third, too.
Yes, the Dodgers have perhaps the deepest 40-man roster in the majors, but replacing Muncy, 29, for a long stretch wouldn't be easy.
There are, however, options if the Dodgers get bad newsand he's out Carlos Gomez Jersey 4-6 weeks because the wrist is broken, the Times noted:Roberts said the club will be a little more aggre sive withcall-ups when rosters expand Sunday. Asked if that meant they would bring up top prospect and infielder Gavin Lux, Roberts wouldn'telaborate.
I dont really know who," Roberts said, "but obviously you got to replace him.
in all of MLB, Lux, 21, is hitting a combined .346 with 26 homers and 76 RBIs in 112 games at Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Oklahoma City.
The Dodgers are 88-48 and 19 games up on the second-place Diamondbacks after Arizona's 11-5 win Thursday at Chase. Tim Tebow Jersey LA hasthe NL's highest-scoring offense and aspirations beyond merely reaching their third consecutive World Series.
Staying healthy is atop their to-do list over the regular season's final month.
But, as Muncy's situation proves, the Dodgers'26 remaining games provide opportunities for risk more than reward. Muncy may be sidelined only into early next Adeiny Hechavarria Jersey weekor it may be weeks (and even into the postseason), depending on what Friday's further testingshows.
Obviously, the games are important, Roberts said in the immediate aftermath of Muncy's injury. They all matter. But, yeah, where we fortunately put ourselves in the standings, you want to make sure youre firing on all cylinders and part of that is being healthy. So, yeah, theres certainly a balance because if something happens, you want to make sure guys are healthy and get to the second season.

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: