[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Jessica Mendoza becomes first woman to call MLB game for ESP
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

History was made at Monday night's game between the Cardinals and Diamondbacks, but you wont find it in the box score.
Je sica Mendoza became the first female to serve as in in-game analyst during an MLB game broadcast by ESPN.
MORE:
A two-time Olympic medalist Blank Jersey with the United States softball team, Mendoza called the game alongside Dave OBrien and Dallas Braden while their usual third wheel, Aaron Boone, worked the Little League World Series.
A photo posted by je sica mendoza (@je smendoza2) on Aug 24, 2015 at 7:00pm PDT Bernie Williams Jersey
Despite Monday being her first time in the booth at an MLB game, Mendoza is no stranger to ESPNs baseball family after joining the Baseball Tonight crew in 2014. She also became the first female to call a College World Series game when she was on the network's crew Austin Romine Jersey in Omaha last year.
that she felt pre sure to not screw up during the broadcast, but also said she loves challenges.
Being the Zach Britton Jersey first is going to be hard. I just want to keep pushing and progre sing, Mendoza said. I think this is a sport where we can really challenge all of ourselves as baseball fans, as baseball players, even the casual viewers. Its just good to think, 'What can we do that hasnt been done?' I want to challenge the way people think and see where this takes us."
As expected, not all of the Don Larsen Jersey feedback Mendoza has received in her time at ESPN has been the most progre sive or respectful, but she said that wasexpected.
"I have definitely heard everything Wade Boggs Jersey good and bad you could hear from people, and it doesnt bother me, she said. Because when it's something like a tweet that says, 'Women dont know baseball, they shouldnt talk about baseball,' its like, 'Okay, welcome to 2015. Where have you been for the last 20 years?'"

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: