[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Jeter-fest 2014 Adulation for Yankee star reaches extreme le
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

Derek Jeter will be the headliner in the Hall of Harrison Bader Jersey Fame Cla s of 2020.
Of that, there is no doubt. The Yankees captain is in the final season of a remarkable 20-year career that includes five World Series rings and more than 3,400 hits. By every definition of the word, he is a baseball superstar.
The adulation at his final All-Star Game, though, threatened to reach slightly nauseating levels on Tuesday, even to Yankees fans. What follows is a lighthearted look at few of the more over-the-top sentences uttered about Jeter.
MORE: | |
The Jeter-fest started in earnest Blank Jersey during an afternoon pre s conference, when commi sioner Bud Selig was asked about Jeter.
I said it this morning and I say it again, to have a great face of baseball, one of the great icons of this generation, to be a person of Derek Jeter's cla s, his dignity, his respect for the game, we're lucky. Derek Jeter is everything that you would want. And I have a great relationship with him. I have the utmost respect. You know, the great Stan Musial here, an icon in his generation, and my friend Henry Aaron Ozzie Smith Jersey , a great icon of all time, and now you come to Derek Jeter. Baseball is lucky. They're the best.
Aaron and Musial are . Again, Jeter is a great player, but not quite in the samecla s.
From the FOX pregame show
"Derek Jeter is baseball in the purest sense of the word." Billy Crystal
"He means to baseball what Michael Jordan meant to basketball." Spike Lee
"He's an iconic figure, he transcends baseball." Rudy Giuliani
"He's just one of those perfect persons." Regis Philbin
"It doesn't matter what state you're from, Bob Gibson Jersey what country you're from, you all root for the Captain." -- Kelly Ripa
A little much, right?
Jeter led off the bottom of the Justin Williams Jersey first inning with a double and scored on a triple by Mike Trout. It was a great moment, no doubt. The double was cla sic Jeter, a line drive to the opposite field. It prompted a rash of these types of tweets
Jeter All-Star MVP?
Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) It's hard to imagine the MVP being given to a guy who hits a double when the player batting next (Mike Trout)hits a triple, but, hey, it's Jeter's night.
Though, it's worth noting that Heyman (and the thousand of others who tweeted a similar thought) might have been onto something Tim McCarver Jersey , even if they were a bit premature in their prediction. Jeter singled in his second at-bat, then was taken out to a standing ovation.

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: