[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Marlins cut Jarrod Saltalamacchia after reinstating him from
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

Most MLB transaction listings are fairly innocuous, but the Marlins on Monday with some edge to it:
"Jarrod Saltalamacchia reinstated from paternity list and designated for a signment."
Congratulations. Now, take a hike.
Even if Jeffrey Loria and Co. didn't bother to chip in and buy the Saltalamacchias a baby gift, the good Jaelen Strong Jersey news is the $14 million or so the team still owes the catcher should pay for plenty of diapers.
Nonethele s, Larry Ogunjobi Jersey it's a stunning end for a relationship so proudly trumpeted by Marlins bra s a year and a half ago. Miami signed Saltalamacchia to a three-year, $21 million deal in December 2013, feeling confident it had reeled in an offensive force behind the plate after a season that saw the catcher collect 40 doubles and post an .804 OPS Odell Beckham Jr. Jersey for the Red Sox in 2013.
But the West Palm Beach native was something of a disaster at the plate in his first season with his hometown team, hitting .220/.320/.362 and striking out 143 times in 373 at-bats.
That showing earned Saltalamacchia a short leash this season, and he already had popped off publicly after being benched by manager Mike Redmond in favor of rookie J.T. Realmuto. The Marlins' move to cut Chris Hubbard Jersey ties came 10 days after Saltalamacchia acknowledged he was angry about the lineup change.
I cant control this, Saltalamacchia said, . I cant grab the lineup and put my name on it. Do I want to be in there? Yeah. Theres not a day I dont want to be in there. Im not going to sit here and complain. I want to play. But Im not Trevon Coley Jersey going to hurt this team. Im not going to be the reason.
When Saltalamacchia did get his chance, the results were ugly: 2 for 29 with 12 Jim Brown Jersey strikeouts.
But the veteran backstop, who turns 30 on Saturday, likely will get a chance to hook on somewhere else particularly given that the Marlins will be paying the bulk of the freight for Saltalamacchia to try and right himself somewhere else.

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: