[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Matt Harvey injury update Mets ace plans to throw soon
Forum Index » IRDA Exam
seestyle (IV09024201)

Harvey Day could return as early as Kenny Young Jersey Feb. 22.
It won't be a one-hit performance in Citi Field for New York Mets starting pitcher Matt Harvey, but instead a short game of catch in Florida.
MORE: |
They said I should be able to start throwing four months after the surgery and thats Feb. 22, and I havent had any setbacks, Harvey told .I cant wait. Even if its 10 feet, I just want to pick up a ball. As if Sammy Watkins Jersey right now, I dont see why I wouldnt be able to do that.
Harvey told Mike Francesa on he has begun lifting weights like normal, throwing against a trampoline and doing plyometrics. "Things are going really smoothly," Harvey said.
Every step forward is a major milestone for Harvey, who underwent Tommy John surgery in October Bryce Hager Jersey . He considered forgoing the operation in favor of allowing his injured elbow to heal itself.
While the Mets sank farther and farther from even the idea of postseason contention last season, fans came out in droves to celebrate their second-year All-Star. The days Harvey pitched were dubbed "Harvey Day," and they were always a show: no-hitters were consistently believed to be obtainable.
Harvey is expected to report with the Mets' other pitchers and catchers for spring training Kurt Warner Jersey on Feb. 15. He has been vocal about making a return to the mound in 2014, but realizes it isn't wise to rush back. He has said, though, that he is ahead of schedule, and with recovery time typically 12 months, a September return is realistic.
PHOTOS:
If I get to throw a couple of innings in August or September and then have a normal offseason without having to go into next year with all those questions still out there, Nolan Cromwell Jersey that would help me significantly, Harvey told the Post. Id love to face hitters to build my confidence up back up and not just jump into a new season having not seen anyone.
Harvey started the 2013 All-Star Game for the National League in his home park thanks to a blistering first half. Overall, Josh Reynolds Jersey he was 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA and 191 strikeouts in 178 1/3 innings before being shut down in August. He was among the league leaders in many categories, including third in ERA, second in WHIP and third in strikeouts per nine innings.

Forum Index » IRDA Exam
Go to: