[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
option pricing
Forum Index » Futures & Options
vijendra (IV012501)

what do you think options with the same underlying stock and strike prices trade at same price or different price and why?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/05/2013 11:12:36

pampa (IV0167101)

options with same underlying and same strike price have different price. option price (premium) has two component: 1) intrinsic value 2) time value .
if options are of same underlying and same strike price have same same intrinsic value but the if the expiry of the options is different than they have different time value.So options with same underlying and same strike price have different premium. option pricing is also depends on the option type, if option type is call option it has different premium than put option.
sameer (IV01598701)

If option is ATM with same expiry and same underlying, then the call option and put option premium will be same or not?
jiwant (IV0743501)

Well this a good observation. Theoretically, Call premium is directly proportional to interest rate and put premium is inversely proportional to rate of interest so therefore At the ATM Delta of Call is always greater than premium of put option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/05/2013 13:26:33

Sunny (IV0397901)

as we are talking about ATM option, my question is what happened if option expires at ATM?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/05/2013 11:56:11

jiwant (IV0743501)

Dear sunny As you know that at ATM all the option exercised they will provide zero returns . Therefore if option expires at ATM all option expires worthless.
sameer (IV01598701)

Dear Jiwant as i have studied at ATM delta of both call and put option is 0.5. Can you explain me briefly about my question asked before?
Sunny (IV0397901)

thank u jiwant ji
Happyday1 (IV05329901)

Say goodbye to expensive and dangerous teeth whitening treatments forever! This 100% safe, cheap and ALL-NATURAL alternative will give you a brighter, whiter smile from home -
and in just a few weeks...

Herbal Sejagat (IV05792901)

very nice thank you GOOGLE
Jack Kols (IV06380301)

[Avatar]

thanks for the interesting info
[WWW]
nguyenkuhoang (IV06792501)

[Avatar]

thank you )
[WWW]
xemdagathomotructiep (IV06794301)

i like this
[WWW]
Treat (IV06860101)

[Avatar]

Reach out for us and get Management Assignment Help in UK to secure A+ grades and a better career. Treat Assignment Help is renowned name in the industry helping students to broaden their career path in UK.for more services: Law Essay Help | MBA Essay Help | Business Essay Help | Architecture Dissertation Help | Geography Dissertation Help |

Assignment Help | Assignment Writing Services | Essay Help
[WWW]
Castor Apparel (IV08278301)

Castor Apparel is an online clothing store in Canada that is offering a perfect blend of youthful and classy outfits at highly affordable prices. Our store stands for strength, confidence, elegance and style. Castor Apparel aims to provide a huge diversity in prints, fabric and designs by adding more brands, which will add more life to your wardrobes. We have huge collection of unisex clothing i.e. the essential half-sleeve Bella Canvas 3001 Unisex CVC Jersey tee everyone needs in their lineup. It is made with traceable airlume combed and ringspun cotton Ring-spun cotton is used for a softer feel and a higher stitch count for durability. Unisex short sleeve jersey t-shirt with tear-away label completes the look. Available in different colors.

Castor Apparel
Bella + Canvas 6681 crop tee
unisex clothing
half-sleeve Bella Canvas 3001 Unisex CVC Jersey tee
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Futures & Options
Go to: