[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
Broncos coach Vic Fangio on Drew Lock He
Forum Index » NCFM Exams
seestyle (IV09024201)

0Drew Lock, who avoided a holdout by signing his rookie contract with the Broncos on Thursday, got a blunt welcome to the NFL the next day withsome frank Clayton Kershaw Jersey words from coach Vic Fangio.
Selected 42nd overall by Denver in the NFL Draft, Lock is projected as the team's quarterback of the future. But after two days of training camp, Fangio said the Mi souri product is definitely a work in progre s.
I don't think he's far along Corey Seager Jersey as far as being as NFL-ready a quarterback as he could've been. He's not a quarterback yet, Fangio said (via the ).He's a hard-throwing pitcher that doesn't Sandy Koufax Jersey know how to pitch yet. The faster he gets that, the better off he'll be and we'll be.
The expected plan is for Lock to back up Babe Herman Jersey veteran Joe Flacco to start the season. The Broncos acquired the former Super Bowl MVP in a trade with the Ravens in February. That will give Lock a chance to improve his game without the pre sure of learning on the job.
Fangio said Lock's mechanics need work.
" Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey I think a quarterback that can change his arm angles is a position when it's needed," Fangio said. "You don't want to do it when you don't have to do it. Obviously if someone Maury Wills Jersey 's in my face and I have to do it, that's good to have that talent. But if I'm strong in the pocket and there's nothing, I want to throw over the top, Enrique Hernandez Jersey nice and strong.
"I don't want to rely on side-arms. It's good that he can do that, but he needs to use that when he needs to and not when he doesn't need to. His college offense really had no carryover to pro offenses. He was under dure s a lot in college, Logan Forsythe Jersey so a lot of his plays he was running around."
Meanwhile, Flacco, 34, has earnedrave reviews after two days of camp.
"I see a guy who hasn't lost any skills," Friday. "He has a big arm, Andre Ethier Jersey but he throws a ball that's very catchable. When he has to put some steam on it, he can do that too. I see a guy who is happy to be here. He hasn't lost his love for the game."

Fernando Valenzuela Jersey

Forum Index » NCFM Exams
Go to: