[Logo]

Home Page       Intelivisto       Search        Recent Topics        Hottest Topics        Login
When a chest freezer dies...does it leak water all over?
Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
LuisSilvan (IV08992801)

I had a refrigerator / freezer go out a awhile back. It leaked water all over the garage when it died. I bought a small top loading chest freezer to use indoors. It hopefully will last a while. But when it does die, does it drip water all over or is it watertight?

It has a drain plug near the bottom, so I'm thinking it may be watertight. If it is not watertight, I'm thinking of putting a washing machine tray under it.
Shamshoo (IV011880101)

Most chest freezers are designed to be watertight, especially the ones with a drain plug near the bottom. The drain plug serves the purpose of allowing you to remove any excess water that might accumulate inside due to frost buildup or condensation. This design feature helps prevent water leakage in case of any malfunctions.
Ollivver (IV011923301)

It's interesting to see discussions like this one from a year ago still resonating today. When it comes to chest freezers, they generally don't leak water all over like refrigerators when they stop working. Most chest freezers are designed to be watertight, and the drain plug near the bottom is usually there for defrosting or cleaning purposes rather than as a source of leaks.

Your idea of placing a washing machine tray under the chest freezer is quite clever, just for that extra layer of protection and peace of mind. And if you're ever in need of freezer repair, you might want to consider checking out https://fixappliances.ca/freezer-repair/. Having reliable resources for maintenance and repair is always a smart move.
Deniel (IV08605201)

[Avatar]

Thanks for the advice. I managed to repair my freezer. By the way, as anyone used a tool for cutting ice, like a ice pick or ice chisel? Can someone recommend how to choose the right one?
Oleksii (IV08604701)

[Avatar]

Deniel (IV08605201) wrote:Thanks for the advice. I managed to repair my freezer. By the way, as anyone used a tool for cutting ice, like a ice pick or ice chisel? Can someone recommend how to choose the right one?

Hey! Look for a how best to cut a block of ice ideas here, choose tool made from durable materials like stainless steel. This ensures longevity and resistance to corrosion. Choose a size and weight that you find manageable. A tool that feels well-balanced in your hand will make the ice-cutting process more efficient. A comfortable and ergonomic handle grip is essential for ease of use. Consider a tool with a non-slip grip to enhance control.

Forum Index » Derivatives (Equity, Currency, Commodities)
Go to: